Monday, July 30, 2007

Pinky & the Blue-Freckled Butterfly

"Pinky & the Blue-Freckled Butterfly"
acrylic on canvas
6.75" x 9.25


This is cropped from a full spread I'm developing for my children's book titled "Pinky & the Blue Freckled Butterfly." I like this style of illustration, but I'm not sure if I can sustain it for the whole book. An alternative style might be watercolor. The whimsy of watercolor might better match the whimsy of the story. I am going to try one more spead in this style to see how it works. If it doesn't, I'll go to watercolor -- with some trepidation, since it is much more difficult than acrylic.

6 comments:

buep said...

Tienes trabajos muy hermosos! gracias por visitar mi blog, así pude descubrir tu arte :)

Amy C. Moreno said...

Linda,
These are so much fun! I can't decide which of your styles I like better. I've always enjoyed the watercolor images and other colored pencil ones as well. Have fun with these!

Stacia said...

I love the expression of the little girl! She looks curious and dubious. Amazing work!

Gabrielle said...

I really like the perspective you've used. The colours are wonderful

Ester Wilson said...

Good luck with your children's book! I'm excited for you. I'm also working on one of my first picture books, so I feel a small connection to you in this way. Wishing you much success with this one :)

by the way, I wanted to say thanks for such a nice comment on my blog. It was super sweet of you to say - thank you

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back! This is gorgeous - I love the cat, and the look in Pinky's eyes. Good luck!